I had a meeting in London this morning for my internship. While it was a productive meeting that left me feeling excited about the [voluntary] work to come, I must admit I was slightly distracted at points by the goings-on across the street...
Slow Food London was holding its Valentine's Market in the Southbank Centre plaza directly across from our meeting place. In case you hadn't noticed, I kinda like food. Well, good food. The Slow Food movement is definitely my kind of thing. In fact, I wrote a paper on it for a nutrition class at university. So, naturally, following the conclusion of my meeting, I popped across the street to check out the market.
It was delicious. Unfortunately, I could only explore for so long, as I needed to get back to Cambridge to work on Top-Secret-Valentine's-Day-Stuff before Will returned home from the office. Nevertheless, I had time to sample a variety of local delights, purchase a few small treats for us to enjoy this weekend, and resist the strong temptation to buy a lamb kofka burger/falafal/bratwurst for lunch (I had tasty + FREE leftovers waiting for me at home).
I think, however, that my treat purchases will make up for it. These included:
+2 venezulan rose truffles from the legendary Choc Star
+2 heart-shaped shortbread biscuits
+5-piece selection of baklava
...which we consumed this evening and thoroughly enjoyed. So, London Slow Food Markets: I think we'll be back. ;o)

















1 comment:
Looks Tasty!!
Have a Happy Valentines Day
Dad T.
Post a Comment